Certified Fixed Income Practitioner (CFIP) Designation Requirements
After completing Bond School, you may be eligible to apply for the Certified Fixed Income Practitioner designation by meeting the following requirements.
Demonstration of General Industry Knowledge (meet one of four of the following requirements)
- Completion of the CFP®, CFA® or CFA®’s Institute Investment Foundations™ Certificate Program or;
- Completion and maintenance of at least one of the following: FINRA sponsored Series 7, 9, 10, 24, 65 or 66 or;
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in the area of fixed income sales, research, trading,
operations or portfolio management plus a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning or;
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in the area of fixed income sales, research, trading, operations or portfolio management.
Commitment to Industry Specific Education and Training (meet two of two requirements)
- Successful completion of the seventeen (17) foundational courses plus the comprehensive exam in Fixed Income Academy’s Bond School and;
- Membership in a recognized industry trade association focused on financial education.
Commitment to Life Long Learning and Ethical Standards (meet two of two requirements)
Maintaining Your CFIP Designation
The following are the requirements to renew the CFIP designation.
Application for Designation Renewal - Due March 1st following the expiration of your bond school term
Option #1: CFIP Designation Renewal + Academic Membership
Complete the CFIP renewal application and pay fee of $195.
Benefits of Continued Membership in Fixed Income Academy
- Continued “read-only” access to your concluded Bond School courses and resources.
- Access to updated Bond School courses.
- Access to periodic Virtual Workshops for topical training featuring leading investment industry experts.
- Earn CPE credits by completing Virtual Workshops
- Access to like-minded peers and investment professionals.
Option #2: CFIP Designation Renewal
Method for Tracking of Compliance
Designees will acknowledge that compliance with requirements have been met during the annual renewal process. FIA will randomly audit 10% of the annual applications to verify compliance.
Promoting Your Commitment to Excellence
You should be proud of the work you’ve done to demonstrate commitment to best investment practices. We are pleased to help you promote your accomplishment by listing your name on our Membership page. It’s a great way to highlight the “go to” professionals in the world of finance. When you renew your designation, your status will show ACTIVE.
If you do not renew, you may not use the CFIP designation or logo and your name will be removed as an active member.
Thank you for your effort and commitment to raising the bar of knowledge and professionalism in the field of fixed income investing. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you to create a designation and industry standard you are proud to promote. Don’t hesitate to email email@example.com, or call CPE Compliance Manager Tracy Sanchez, at 800-243-5097 with questions, comments or concerns.